Revised in 2010 by the California Department of Public Health, Immunization Techniques: Best Practices with Infants, Children, and Adults focuses on the skills and techniques needed for vaccine administration. Every organization that administers vaccine should have a copy of this comprehensive educational program. It can be used for training and orientation, as well as a refresher for more experienced staff. This DVD replaces the 2001 version, Immunization Techniques: Safe Effective Caring.
- Injectable, oral, and nasal vaccines
- Selecting, preparing, and administering vaccines
- Documenting immunizations
- Patient education and comfort
- Staff safety and training
- Demonstrations with infants, adolescents, and adults
- Emphasis on doctor's written orders
- Staff and patient communication
- Wide variety of vaccine products and preparations
- Resources and job aids shown in program are available free at www.eziz.org from the California Department of Public Health, Immunization Branch
- Related IAC handouts are located at www.immunize.org/handouts
Cost includes shipping and handling.
Healthcare settings in California, please contact your local health department immunization program for a free DVD.
Note: For quotes on quantities of 200 or more, call 651-647-9008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Credits: Developed by the California Department of Public Health, Immunization Branch, in collaboration with a team of national experts.